[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: Ang: stmf trouble, crash and dump

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Thu Oct 6 16:46:38 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Johan Kragsterman
<johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> While I'm doing this, is it someone that knows something about that error msg from the target system I mentioned earlier??
>
> "stmf_sbd: [ID 690249 kern.warning] WARNING: ioctl(DKIOCINFO) failed 25"

DKIOCINFO is the macro for the ioctl that gets info from a disk:
http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/uts/common/sys/dkio.h#166

I am not a COMSTAR expert but I believe your warning is coming from here:
http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/uts/common/io/comstar/lu/stmf_sbd/sbd.c#1581

It looks like COMSTAR was trying to query one of the zvols, and
failed.  This is almost assuredly a consequence of the hung pool.

Eric