[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Ang: Re: Ang: stmf trouble, crash and dump

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Oct 6 16:50:20 UTC 2016

> On Oct 6, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:
>

> While I'm doing this, is it someone that knows something about that error msg from the target system I mentioned earlier??
>
> "stmf_sbd: [ID 690249 kern.warning] WARNING: ioctl(DKIOCINFO) failed 25"

Error 25 is "ENOTTY", aka. "Inappropriate ioctl for device":

http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/uts/common/sys/errno.h#77

The error itself comes because while STMF thinks the underlying storage is a zvol, apparently the DKIOCINFO ioctl failed with the above erro:

http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/uts/common/io/comstar/lu/stmf_sbd/sbd.c#1575

As Eric (who beat me to the punch here) said, it was likely caused by a hung pool.