[OmniOS-discuss] Slow ssh transfers

Martin Waldenvik waldenvik at gmx.com
Tue Oct 11 17:53:23 UTC 2016

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I have. I'm using
lftp sftp a lot and it is very slow.  I can work around that sometimes by
using another server. But I am also using zrep (using ssh) to replicate my
pool to a backup server. This is also slow. Transfer is about 40 megabyte
(omnios  to omnios). When doing this on freebsd it is about 100 megabyte
and it saturates my gigabit link (freebsd to freebsd). Same hardware.

I'm using the latest Omios LTS release and openssh. Is there any way to
speed this up on Omnios?

Regards
Martin