[OmniOS-discuss] LX zones and a small Howto

Günther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Wed Oct 12 20:10:55 UTC 2016

Most important is the success of the Illumos or Open-ZFS platform.
LX containers are from Joyent (btw have you read this article
https://www.infoq.com/news/2016/03/containers-summit-nyc ), SMB2+ and
sequential resilvering are or may come from Nexenta and native
encryption from ZoL with many features or additions that strengthen the
platform from others versus Oracle or Linux.

ESXi, SmartOS or Proxmox are very good as a cloud or virtualisation
platform where you can run or use ZFS  but OmniOS is a perfect NAS/SAN
filer or server OS with the option to run a Linux container. This is
indeed new.

Thanks to all

Gea

--