[OmniOS-discuss] LX zones and a small Howto

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Oct 12 18:52:30 UTC 2016

> On Oct 12, 2016, at 2:40 PM, Günther Alka <alka at hfg-gmuend.de> wrote:
>
> What I must say is, that this seems to be a real killer innovation for OmniOS as you can run OmniOS as a very solid ZFS filer with additional Linux services running directly especially with preconfigured services as a container where you only need a copy and import/run after some small editings of a config file like shares or nics.

Joyent did most of the hard work here with LX -- credit where due, please. :)

By integrating it into OmniOS, though, you get the improvment of a fully-working global zone (where many sharing services can only function... e.g. no NFS in an NGZ currently) with the capability for closer-to-native Linux services (not as much running KVM in a zone now, for example).

Thanks for the napp-it update!