[OmniOS-discuss] Likely last bloody update before r151020

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Oct 20 04:15:51 UTC 2016

I hope this is the bloody that will form the r151020 branch.  Please note that because of the sheer volume of upstream illumos-gate activity, we froze pulls from -gate early this time, early enough to not include BSD Loader and Python 2.7 support.  A few cherrypicks may happen pre-020, and a couple have already happened:

- illumos 4498, update ACPI to version 6.x
- A series of nvme and blkdev fixes culminating in illumos 7382, basic NVMe 1.1 support.

uname -v says omnios-master-2f9273c, corresponding to the illumos-omnios:master commit, and omnios-build is at commit 8d79e11.  This is likely to be where we branch r151020.

Staying with Python2.6 means that if you wish to compile illumos-gate on ANY OmniOS, you need to add these two lines to your .env file:

+# Starting with illumos bug 5969, upstream defaults to Python2.7.  We still
+# use Python2.6 as of r151020
+export PYTHON_VERSION="2.6"
+export PYTHON_PKGVERS="-26"
+

The shipping "/opt/onbld/env/omnios-illumos-gate" file has these lines in it now.

The rest of the software in omnios-build has been updated as well.  Including:

* GNU grep is now 2.26
* GNU tar is now 1.29
* gzip is now 1.8
* iperf is now 3.1.3
* isc-dhcp is now 4.3.5
* iso-codes are now 3.70
* libidn is now 1.33
* libxslt is now 1.1.29
* mercurial is now 3.9.2
* mozilla-nss-nspr is up to 3.25 and 4.12, respectively
* nghttp2 is new, at version 1.15.0
* p7zip is now at 16.02.
* pciutils are now at 3.5.2
* pcre is now at 8.39
* python26-coverage is now at  4.2
* python26-lxml is now at 3.6.4
* python26-numpy is now at 1.11.2
* python26-ply is now at 3.9
* python26-pylint is now at 1.6.4
* readline is now at 7.0, but we will ship the 6.3 libraries from r151018 to maintain linked-application compatibility
* screen is now at 4.4.0
* sigcpp is now at 2.10.0
* sqlite3 is now at 3.15.0
* tmux is now at 2.3
* vim is now at 8.0 (and "vi" is, for now, going to behave as if you invoked vim, because of how 8.0 works - see the other thread on omnios-discuss about this)

This is an repo-only update.

Happy updating!