[OmniOS-discuss] tzselect for kayak installer

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Apr 20 15:59:05 UTC 2017

> On Apr 20, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Jens Bauernfeind <bauernfeind at ipk-gatersleben.de> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I thought that adding a menu for the timezone selection might be an idea.
> As I wrote to Dan, it uses tzselect(1M) instead of entering the $TZ
> manually.
>
> It's only a little modification of the rpool-install.sh file, as seeing in
> my pull request:
> https://github.com/omniti-labs/kayak/pull/15
>
> I need your opinion if this change is worth or not.
>
> - more "user-friendly"
> - a typo error is not possible, as tzselect builds the $TZ value for you

I haven't pulled it in yet, but I am going to.

Community --> if I'm being hasty, this is the time to go to PR #15 and correct me.  I think this is a generally good idea, however.  ESPECIALLY since, unlike the caiman TZ selector, it doesn't use any crappy hacks to the stock TZ database (e.g. libzoneinfo).