[OmniOS-discuss] web site seems to attack server internet connection

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 08:34:40 UTC 2017

This problem remains unresolved and is increasingly baffling.

It also occurs on http://www.mensbiz.com.au (SFW, despite the name).  I
started "snoop -d e1000g0 >snout" just before hitting the 'Checkout
Now' button and again it froze up.

The file snout doesn't contain anything that looks dodgy to ME (I'm a
programmer, not a sysadmin or network person).  Just HTTPS, ARP and DNS
packets, all as expected.

What seems to happen is that e1000g0 goes down entirely so that, as
previously mentioned, not even "ping 89.16.167.134" works, but if you
Esc on the web page so that it doesn't keep trying to send traffic,
after about 45 seconds the interface recovers, by itself.  At other
times it recovers but the default route is lost from the routing table
and I have to add it back in manually.

What the two sites have in common is paypal.com, but I have
successfully bought via Ebay this week, without incident.

I am in Australia.