[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS CE question: will there be a LTS stable release?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Jul 26 18:50:23 UTC 2017

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> we have discussed this in the core team and found that no one of us has been
> using LTS until now and no one is planning to do so in the future ...

This would be a great way for a commercial outfit which offers paid
support contracts to get involved.  LTS releases are quite a lot of
commitment and work but a commercial support company might be able to
commit to doing this work.

Alternatively, a different set of volunteers could focus on LTS.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn