[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS CE question: will there be a LTS stable release?

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Jul 26 18:16:51 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

we have discussed this in the core team and found that no one of us has been
using LTS until now and no one is planning to do so in the future ...

What we intend, is to support the current and previous release with an emphasis
on the current release going forward from r151022.

That said, maybe someone will step up and take up the LTS mantel.
The build process for r151022 is in better shape than ever, now that Andy and
Dominik have lavished all that love on it.

SO if this is of interest to you, we will be glad to hear your ideas and also
help out if someone wants to step up. Let's discuss in https://gitter.im/omniosorg/Lobby

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902