[OmniOS-discuss] panic: bd_strategy after new loader installed

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Jun 1 21:59:52 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 01, 2017 at 04:45:41PM -0400, Dan McDonald wrote:

> WAIT A MINUTE.  I thought it wasn't 4k, but "4K" that actually had more bytes
> on them (some sort of T.10 thing).

Hmm, in that case I guess my warning should be removed 8-/.

But the bug:

	https://www.illumos.org/issues/8303

Says:

"The current biosdisk interface is implemented assuming 512B sector
size, with 8+TB disks, there are already systems reporting 4096B sectors
and this does break the gptzfsboot and loader as both are using libi386
biosdisk interface."

Which seems to pretty clearly implicate bog-standard 4k sector disks...

> I can confirm/deny this when I get home.

Unless yours are 4k physical 512b logical? Dunno, clarification much
appreciated as non-booting systems cause much sadness :(.

Thanks...