[OmniOS-discuss] Python conflicts in upgrade from 20 to 22

Filip Marvan filip.marvan at aira.cz
Thu Jun 15 10:43:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm doing upgrade from version 20 to 22 LTS, and when I run pkg updade (after changing Publisher), I'm receiving many conflicts between Python 2.6 and 2.7 which prevents me in upgrade.
Can anyone please help me, how to correctly do upgrade with replacing Python 2.6 with Python 2.7?

Thank you very much,
Filip

----
pkg update: The requested change to the system attempts to install multiple actions
for link 'usr/bin/amd64/python-config' with conflicting attributes:

    1 package delivers 'link path=usr/bin/amd64/python-config target=python2-config':
        pkg://omnios/runtime/python-27@2.7.13,5.11-0.151022:20170511T005259Z
    1 package delivers 'link path=usr/bin/amd64/python-config target=python2.6-config':
        pkg://omnios/runtime/python-26@2.6.8,5.11-0.151020:20161102T021635Z

These packages may not be installed together.  Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

The following packages all deliver file actions to usr/bin/smtpd.py:

  pkg://omnios/runtime/python-27@2.7.13,5.11-0.151022:20170511T005259Z
  pkg://omnios/runtime/python-26@2.6.8,5.11-0.151020:20161102T021635Z

...and many more
---