[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody update on Repo, plus Kayak for ISO is almost beta

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Thu Mar 9 21:52:41 UTC 2017

> > - After installation, I wanted to stop the VM so I could remove the
> >   boot DVD from the config.  So I told VBox to "send the shutdown
> >   signal".  This caused a message of "/usr/sbin/shutdown not found".
> >   Maybe you want to put that binary on the miniroot. :-)
>
> You should just be able to remove the iso at any time, the installer doesn't
> hold it open.

Yes.  Probably just habit.  It's a throwaway VM anyway, so I'll try
that in the next round.

The point remains that a user could send a shutdown signal by choosing
the option in VBox, or pressing the physical power button, or whatever
other methods there might be.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"