[OmniOS-discuss] Loader serial console

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Mar 15 14:26:20 UTC 2017

Hi Andy!

> In case anyone else is experimenting with the new loaded in bloody and
> uses a serial console (or serial redirection), this is what I've done to
> my test server to continue using the serial console:
[...]

Thanks, this is very helpful!

> Create new file /boot/conf.d/serial and add:
>
> boot_multicons="YES"
> boot_serial="YES"
> comconsole_speed="115200"
> osconsole="ttya,text"
> console="ttya,text"
> ttya-mode="115200,8,n,1,-"

Interesting.  Seems I was *almost* there in my test. :-)

> I'm not entirely sure if all of this is necessary - I borrowed some of
> it from BSD tutorials - but it works for me.

Good to know.  But you still needed the entries on the OS level, namely

setprop ttya-mode 115200,8,n,1,-
setprop console ttya

in /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc and the ttymon/label property in the
console-login SMF service.  Correct?

Viele Grüße -- Volker A. Brandt
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"