[OmniOS-discuss] Loader serial console

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Mar 15 22:12:58 UTC 2017

Andy Fiddaman wrote:
> > In case anyone else is experimenting with the new loaded in bloody and
> > uses a serial console (or serial redirection), this is what I've done to
> > my test server to continue using the serial console:
[...]

> > Create new file /boot/conf.d/serial and add:
> >
> > boot_multicons="YES"
> > boot_serial="YES"
> > comconsole_speed="115200"
> > osconsole="ttya,text"
> > console="ttya,text"
> > ttya-mode="115200,8,n,1,-"

Works great!  I added another file:

# cat /boot/conf.d/boot-args
boot-args="-v"

Now I have my familiar boot messages back. :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"