[OmniOS-discuss] Packaged ntp.conf in bloody breaks my local config pkg

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Wed Mar 15 21:56:09 UTC 2017

Hi Dan!

I see that you ship a preconfigured ntp.conf with bloody.  This is nice
because we instantly get a system with the correct time of day.

However, traditionally Solaris shipped only sample files, not an active
NTP configuration.  It was the duty of the local admin to provide one.
So you now break my local configuration package, which IPS refuses to
install because of duplicate file actions. :-(

Could you please add an "overlay=allow" to the file action for ntp.conf
in service/network/ntp?

Thanks -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"