[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151020: Setup won't see my NVMe disk

Thu Mar 23 15:20:01 UTC 2017

Thanks for creating the updated ISO. I can now mount that disc to the
IPMI's virtual drive, which is a lot more convenient!
"prtconf -v" and "prtconf -vp" also work fine now.

Unfortunately I am unable to capture their output. I tried several ways:

a) Network. Problem: The OmniOS installer won't recognize my Intel X550
10G network card.

b) Serial-over-LAN. Problem: I can see everything including the OmniOS
installer bootloader, but afterwards serial output stops. There seems to
be no option to enable serial console output for the main installer!?

c) USB stick. Problem: How to identify the USB stick in the installer
shell? There is no "rmformat" to identify the device. "ls -l
/dev/rdsk/c*0" only showed the CD-ROM.
The USB stick will probably not work at all because there is no XHCI
support in the installer, I guess.

Any ideas?

Anyway, I just ran "devfsadm -C" and I saw this output:
"nvme0: NVMe spec version 1.2"

This suggests that the SSD is indeed a NVM 1.2 SSD. :-(
But I still did not find a proper datasheet or any (Linux, ...) tool to
identify the NVMe level.

What are your plans to support NVMe 1.2?