[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: LX Zones question: Do you miss ipadm(1M)?

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Thu Mar 30 05:30:00 UTC 2017

Hi!

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: OmniOS-discuss <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Från: Dan McDonald
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2017-03-30 02:12
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] LX Zones question: Do you miss ipadm(1M)?

One of the checkbox-items for this bloody *was* "ipadm for LX zones".  After having some conversations with Joyent, and noticing a lack of enthusiasm here, I'm wondering if I should even bother with it for this bloody & r151022.

Please speak up if you have ANY opinion on this subject.  I'm honestly not sure, so I wouldn't be taking sides or advocating one way or the other.

Thanks,
Dan

ipadm is a nice and versatile tool, and I would for sure like to see it in LX zones. Though the priority of the development is another question, WHEN to put it there.
r151022 is an LTS release, and I believe it would be nice to have ipadm in there, but if you can't get it there before release, due to other priorities, perhaps you can backport it later?

Rgrds Johan