[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: LX Zones question: Do you miss ipadm(1M)?

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Thu Mar 30 07:19:40 UTC 2017

Setting ip properties atthe virtualisation layer
seems not straight forward to me. Lately I was
asked about the problem where DNS onUbuntu 16
was not working despite the setting in the zone.cfg
(Configurating /etc/resolv in Linux was needed)

I would prefer a more ESXi like behaviour where settings
about hardware like (lofi) disks, CPU, RAM, vnics are zone
settings while network configuration is done by the VM
itself with the different but regular Linux tools and ways.

A related question
Exclusive ip access over a dedicated vnic is working.
I had problems with shared/ bridged access to a physical nic
that is in use by OmniOS itself or a different zone. Is that possible?

And is there a property to limit RAM or CPU of an LX zone?

Gea