[OmniOS-discuss] To the OmniOS Community

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Fri May 12 16:28:40 UTC 2017

Dan,

Besides the people that use OmniOS for real work, I want add that the work that you and others have done with OmniOS has been a great boon for personal (hobby) users like me.  I've got a long history of Sun operating systems starting with SunOS.  I almost threw in the towel when OpenIndiana releases kept breaking.  But then I discovered OmniOS.  Today it's the backbone of my family services... mail, web, media, archival, etc..  It's sad to see the changes coming soon, but you should be very proud of what you've created.

Be well.

Gary