[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151022 is now out!

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sat May 13 19:34:49 UTC 2017

Hi Dan and others,

On Fri, 12 May 2017 10:50:50 -0400
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> As always, please start with the release notes:
>
> 	https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151022
>
> And for this release, there are upgrade notes:
>
> 	https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151022

Upgraded my production server this afternoon and basically everything
went well except for a minor annoyance: /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc was
left untouched causing a system which had to be manually booted.

1) Followed update instructions to the letter.
2) Rebooted still using grub.
3) When rebooted did beadm activate r151022 to replace grub with bsd
loader. No errors reported.
4) Did a second reboot and now the walls came tumbling down on me since
bootenv.rc was not replaced (new one for bsd loader was put beside as
bootenv.rc.new) so bsd loader complained about syntax errors in
bootenv.rc and stopped in the boot environment.
5) To boot I did the following from the boot prompt:
   ok load /platform/i86pc/kernel/amd64/unix
   ok load -t rootfs /platform/i86pc/amd64/boot_archive
   ok boot
6) Next cp /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc.old &&
        cp /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc.new /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc
7) Reboot

New bsd loader active, r151022 active, and system boots using loader
scripts.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
if you're alive, it isn't.