[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151022 is now out!

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Sun May 14 09:54:41 UTC 2017

On Sat, 13 May 2017, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

; Hi Dan and others,
; ...
; Upgraded my production server this afternoon and basically everything
; went well except for a minor annoyance: /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc was
; left untouched causing a system which had to be manually booted.

Thanks for this Michael, it would have caught me too!

I suggest that people verify the checksum of /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc
before upgrading and revert it if necessary.

This is the checksum for a file which has not been modified:

# digest -a sha1 /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc
785e120126fde35eca303f7518c86e9aa2dc1e29

If the checksum is wrong, fix it with something like:

cp /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc.old
curl https://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151020/omnios/file/0/785e120126fde35eca303f7518c86e9aa2dc1e29 | gzip -dc > /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc

Andy

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123