[OmniOS-discuss] r151104 to r151022 upgrade problem due to library/security/openssl

Hugh McIntyre lists at mcintyreweb.com
Fri Nov 10 05:07:48 UTC 2017

I have an old backup server at home which I'm trying to finally upgrade
from r151014 to r151022 and then OmniOSCE.  There are no zones.

I have followed the instructions under
https://www.omniosce.org/legacy/upgrade_to_r151022.html, including "pkg
update" before switching publisher, then set-publisher to r151022, and
removing all ms/omniti.com and perl.omniti.com packages after initial
problems.  But it still fails.  In case it makes a difference, ca-bundle
and SunSSH->OpenSSH were already upgraded some time ago.

The blockage seems to be because of "library/security/openssl".  I am
mainly trying "pkg update" but if I try the entire incorporation the
error message seems to say it's a failing because I already have a newer
version of the openssl package (and the newer openssl package fails
other dependencies such as SUNWcs):

# pkg update -v pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151022:20170511T002513Z
Creating Plan (Solver setup): |
pkg update: No matching version of entire can be installed:
   Reject:  pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151022:20170511T002513Z
   Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/library/security/openssl at 1.0.2,5.11-0.151022 are rejected
     Reject:
pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.2.11,5.11-0.151022:20170510T232316Z
     Reason:  Newer version
pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.2.13,5.11-0.151014:20171107T161725Z
is already installed
     Reject:
pkg://omnios/library/security/openssl@1.0.2.13,5.11-0.151014:20171107T161725Z
     Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/SUNWcs at 0.5.11,5.11-0.151014 are rejected
       Reject:  pkg://omnios/SUNWcs@0.5.11,5.11-0.151014:20170301T162827Z
       Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/library/security/trousers at 0.3.8,5.11-0.151014 are rejected
         Reject:
pkg://omnios/library/security/trousers@0.3.8,5.11-0.151014:20150505T003526Z
         Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/library/security/openssl at 1.0.2,5.11 are rejected
                  Excluded by proposed incorporation
'incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland'
         Reject:
pkg://omnios/library/security/trousers@0.3.8,5.11-0.151022:20170510T212349Z
         Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/library/security/openssl at 1.0.2,5.11 are rejected
                Excluded by proposed incorporation
'consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation'
                Excluded by proposed incorporation
'incorporation/jeos/illumos-gate'
       Reject:  pkg://omnios/SUNWcs@0.5.11,5.11-0.151022:20170510T212740Z
       Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/library/security/trousers at 0.3.8,5.11-0.151022 are rejected
              Excluded by proposed incorporation
'incorporation/jeos/omnios-userland'

Am I stuck needing a clean re-install, or is there a way to upgrade this
box?

Hugh.