[OmniOS-discuss] r151104 to r151022 upgrade problem due to library/security/openssl

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Fri Nov 10 10:46:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017, Hugh McIntyre wrote:

;
; I have an old backup server at home which I'm trying to finally upgrade from
; r151014 to r151022 and then OmniOSCE.  There are no zones.
;
; I have followed the instructions under
; https://www.omniosce.org/legacy/upgrade_to_r151022.html, including "pkg
; update" before switching publisher, then set-publisher to r151022, and
; removing all ms/omniti.com and perl.omniti.com packages after initial
; problems.  But it still fails.  In case it makes a difference, ca-bundle and
; SunSSH->OpenSSH were already upgraded some time ago.
... snip ...
;
; Am I stuck needing a clean re-install, or is there a way to upgrade this box?

The first thing I would try is uninstalling the entire and omnios-userland
packages and then doing a full update.

    # pkg uninstall entire omnios-userland
    # pkg update --be-name=xxxxx
    # init 6
    # pkg install entire omnios-userland

Removing omnios-userland removes the specific version constraints but as it
is a dependency of entire you need to (temporarily) remove both.

The re-installation after reboot may fail depending on what the exact
cause of your problem is in which case leave them uninstalled until you
have completed the move to OmniOSce and then they should work.

If you want to chat as you work through this, come on over to the lobby
at https://gitter.im/omniosorg/Lobby

Andy

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123