[OmniOS-discuss] ANNOUNCEMENT OmniOS 151022s (Security Update)

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Thu Sep 21 21:43:54 UTC 2017

Release Notes for OmniOSce 151022s
----------------------------------

Early weekly release for w/c 25th of September 2017, uname -a shows omnios-r151022-eb9d5cb557

Since this release contains security fixes we urge people to upgrade as soon as possible.

** This update requires a reboot. **

* Security updates for in-kernel CIFS client & server

  * 8662 SMB server ioctls should be appropriately sized
  * 8663 SMB client assumes serialized ioctls

* Perl fixes:

  * CVE-2017-12837
  * CVE-2017-12883

* Other changes

  * 8651 loader: fix problem where No rootfs module provided, aborting could appear on some systems.
  * IPsec observability improvements.

Instructions for updating from OmniTI OmniOS r151022 are available on our web site
http://www.omniosce.org/setup/switch

Full Release Notes
https://github.com/omniosorg/omnios-build/blob/r151022/doc/ReleaseNotes.md

Due to the fix to the loader, new release media will be built for this release and will be available tomorrow.

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902