[OmniOS-discuss] disable acpi in loader.conf

Jürgen Bereuter jub at matchcut.at
Wed May 30 07:37:45 UTC 2018

Hello,
i am using a HPE Proliant Gen10 Microserver, i installed omnniosce bloody (omniosce-bloody-20180509.usb-dd, i had to disable acpi). I am not sure, if i am using the new bootloader, but i think so. I should now disable acpi, but i did not find the right config file (/boot/loader.conf: acpi=off).
I tried to switch to grub, but there is also an error message:

sudo installgrub -fm /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0
open: No such file or directory
Unable to gather device information for /dev/rdsk/c2t0d0

The disk is s SSD, with an EFI partition/label, configured at installation as a rpool.

When i disable the acpi in the boot options manual omniosce boots up without a problem, i cannot make it permanent after a reboot.

thanks! jürgen