[OmniOS-discuss] Support for AD join when SMBv1 is disabled?

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Thu Oct 11 20:33:01 UTC 2018

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018, Omen Wild wrote:

; Quoting Guenther Alka <alka at hfg-gmuend.de> on Thu, Oct 11 21:15:
; >
; > You should add this to
; > https://www.illumos.org/issues/9735
; >
; > as this can be fixed at Illumos only.
;
; Ah, I see. Thank you for the pointer, we had not been able to find that
; with our Google searches. Looks like we will have to switch to Samba.

Yes, unfortunately illumos does not yet support SMB 2 - however there is
currently an active review of a change to add this so support may appear
in the next month or so, and will likely be backported to at least
OmniOS r151028 which will be released at the start of November.

A.

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123