[OmniOS-discuss] Support for AD join when SMBv1 is disabled?

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Sun Oct 14 11:11:26 UTC 2018

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018, Andries Annema wrote:

; Hi Andy,
;
; According to for example this thread, and the links provided there, Illumos supports SMB2 for about three years now: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/smb-2-1-long-paths-better-ad-support-for-illumos-oi-omnios-smartos.7384/
;
; Isn't it therefore implemented in OmniOS since r151018 or so?
;
; Just trying to clear up some confusion on my end at least. Thanks.

illumos (and OmniOS) has general SMB2 support but specifically not the client
part; it still can only act as an SMB1 client.

There's a pull request open at https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/pull/37
that is working on adding SMB 2.1 client support and it's making good progress.
Once that gets merged, we will likely get it into at least the upcoming
r151028.

Andy

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123