[OmniOS-discuss] Mail server package for OmniOS?

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Thu Jul 4 23:08:27 UTC 2013

On Jul 4, 2013, at 6:52 PM, Hugh McIntyre <lists at mcintyreweb.com> wrote:

> Just installed an OmniOS server for backups at home, and it looks like there's no mail server in the default package repo.

Out of the box, the packages available are going to be slim pickings. You'll probably want to add at least one popular package publisher. Example:

PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
omnios                                origin   online   http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/release/
tuna% sudo pkg set-publisher -g http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/ ms.omniti.com
Password:
tuna% pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
omnios                                origin   online   http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/release/
ms.omniti.com                         origin   online   http://pkg.omniti.com/omniti-ms/
tuna%

You should be able to install pkg:/service/network/smtp/sendmail for MTA purposes (I don't see a Postfix package out there yet but I haven't searched all available publishers). For IMAP, I see pkg:/omniti/network/dovecot out there.

-M