[OmniOS-discuss] IPMI on Dell R720

Steffen Kram sk at kram.io
Mon Jul 8 09:00:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just ran into the same problem with the ipmi on a Supermicro X9SCM-F and had to rebuild the ipmitool package. I think the real problem is, that the omnios build.sh does not declare a dependency for "driver/ipmi". If done so, the configure does pick up

checking sys/ipmi.h usability... yes
checking sys/ipmi.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ipmi.h… yes

which is not the case without an installed "driver/ipmi" package:

checking sys/ipmi.h usability... no
checking sys/ipmi.h presence... no
checking for sys/ipmi.h… no

So I guess this is actually a bug in the omnios build script and should be fixed in core. Is everyone able to file bugs? If so, I'm happy to provide a bug report.

My fixed version is available from scott.mathematik.uni-ulm.de and you'll find the sources on github (see https://github.com/stefri/omnios-build/tree/uulm.mawi/build/ipmitool).

Cheers,
Steffen