[OmniOS-discuss] IPMI on Dell R720

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Mon Jul 8 15:08:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:00 AM, Steffen Kram <sk at kram.io> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran into the same problem with the ipmi on a Supermicro X9SCM-F and had to rebuild the ipmitool package. I think the real problem is, that the omnios build.sh does not declare a dependency for "driver/ipmi". If done so, the configure does pick up
>
> checking sys/ipmi.h usability... yes
> checking sys/ipmi.h presence... yes
> checking for sys/ipmi.h… yes
>
> which is not the case without an installed "driver/ipmi" package:
>
> checking sys/ipmi.h usability... no
> checking sys/ipmi.h presence... no
> checking for sys/ipmi.h… no
>
> So I guess this is actually a bug in the omnios build script and should be fixed in core. Is everyone able to file bugs? If so, I'm happy to provide a bug report.

Thanks for reporting this, Steffen.  I've opened
http://omnios.omniti.com/ticket.php/62.  If you would like an account

> My fixed version is available from scott.mathematik.uni-ulm.de and you'll find the sources on github (see https://github.com/stefri/omnios-build/tree/uulm.mawi/build/ipmitool).

I believe the driver package should be a build dependency of ipmitool
and is not necessary for runtime, so I would change DEPENDS_IPS to
BUILD_DEPENDS_IPS so that the build script will require it to be
installed before building.  Feel free to send us a PR for that.

Eric