[OmniOS-discuss] changing rpool zfs properties prior to install

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Mar 25 15:17:24 EDT 2013

Currently AFAIK there is no way to muck with the rpool during an omnios
install. It's easy enough to attach another disk after the fact if you
want a mirrored rpool, but I was thinking of trying out compression on
my rpool, and turning that on after everything's already copied doesn't
do much good :).

Is there anyway to use the break out to the shell option in the
installer to go create the rpool manually, and then have the installer
use it rather than create its own? Or any other method by which you
could customize zfs properties on your rpool prior to the OS actually
being installed?

Thanks…