[OmniOS-discuss] from LACP to LAG1 ?!?

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 23:37:27 UTC 2013

On 10/7/13 8:28 PM, "Daniel D. Gonçalves" wrote:
> Hello Fabio,
>
> LAG is short for Link Aggregation, 1 is the interface number, LAG0,
> LAG1, LAG2 ...
> The term LAG, more specifically LAGG, is commonly used in FreeBSD to
> name the virtual aggregate multiple physical interfaces.
> In my understanding LAG = LACP (802.3ad), but there is the possibility
> of using the protocol CISCO (FEC - Cisco ® Fast EtherChannel ®), I've
> never seen anything related in OmniOS.
>
> Post more information about the dladm and check if the protocol is
> supported 802.3ad.

Daniel, just as a quick note, OmniOS (and Illumos for that matter) only
supports 802.3ad LACP. There's no support for EtherChannel that I'm
aware of. See http://illumos.org/man/1M/dladm and the section on the
"dladm create-aggr" subcommand:

     dladm create-aggr [-t] [-R root-dir] [-P policy] [-L mode]
     [-T time] [-u address] -l ether-link1 [-l ether-link2...]
     aggr-link

         Combine a set of links into a single IEEE  802.3ad  link
         aggregation  named  aggr-link. The use of an integer key
         to generate a link name for the aggregation is also sup-
         ported  for  backward  compatibility. Many of the *-aggr
         subcommands below also support the use of a key to refer
         to  a given aggregation, but use of the aggregation link
         name is preferred. See the NOTES section for more infor-
         mation on keys.

Cheers,
--
Saso