[OmniOS-discuss] anything change since 151005 that would cause KVM to stop working?

Kent Watsen kent at watsen.net
Mon Sep 9 13:21:54 UTC 2013

> I installed 151006p last night on my AMD FX-8150 and compiled
> https://github.com/estibi/illumos-kvm/tree/my_amd_merge today.
> I successfully loaded it and am currently installing Ubuntu under KVM
> right now. So, it's a success for me. Someone on IRC with an older AMD
> processor said he had the same problem as you.

Thanks for your response, trying again I got it to work (yeah!), but I
think because I rebooted between `rem_drv` and `add_drv` (more so than
using the GIT you listed above).  To answer my own question, I think
that what changed since 151005 is that KVM is now initialized by default
- I didn't have to `rem_drv` before and, likewise, didn't have to reboot
either.

Cheers,
Kent