[OmniOS-discuss] how to ISCSI NFS samba in omniOS ZFS

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:29:39 UTC 2013

i hope you will not mind my basic questions...

i am using a gui napp-it but i can not manage to create basic NFS, ISCSI .i
think it is due to lack of my CLI level knowledge,
however samba was easy.

is there any basic how to for ZFS and ISCSI configuration for omniIOS

 i would also like to know  that does ZFS default support for (ZFS sharing
such as)  iscsi and NFS is stable for production ?

 i am asking this question because Napp-it is referring to comstar. and i
could not find good info on Napp-it instead of few PDFs on how to configure
very basic application.

therefore instead of wasting my time in learning comstar and other stuff i
though i should ask some thing to the point so that i do not have to look
here and there and will get what you guys have learn from your experience.

i don't know whether comstar has anything to do with built in ZFS sharing
or it is something work independently.

can anyone throw some light on these topis.
i just need very basic info . further i will hopefully learn by my self. as
i am new to omni i just need a quick push to this new world. omniOS is
quite  different from linux :(. however  i am disparate to learn :)

thanks,

Yousuf