[OmniOS-discuss] LSI SAS3041e-HP

Alexander Lesle groups at tierarzt-mueller.de
Wed Aug 27 17:47:55 UTC 2014

Hello Fábio,

first download on the LSI website:
http://www.lsi.com/support/pages/download-results.aspx?component=Storage+Component&productfamily=Legacy+Host+Bus+Adapters&productcode=P00056&assettype=Firmware&productname=LSI+SAS+3041E-R
this two files:

SAS3041ER_ Package_P21_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows
http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/Host%20Bus%20Adapters/Host%20Bus%20Adapters%20Common%20Files/SAS_SATA_3G_P21/SAS3041ER_%20Package_P21_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.zip
SASFlash Quick Reference Guide
http://www.lsi.com/downloads/Public/Obsolete/Obsolete%20Common%20Files/SASFlash_Ref_Guide.zip

Unzip the first file and copy all the files not the folders on your
USB-Stick - in a new folder e.g. named "sas3041" not more than 8
letters.
Boot to DOS, switch to c:\sas3041 and first I recommend to do
'sasflash -list' and write down all infos about the card first.
You know now the Chip Version and the SAS Address.

Now you can run the 'hbaFlash.bat', select CardType, PCIType, IT-Mode
and Chipversion.
The batch first flash the Firmware and here you get maybe a message that
the ProduktID an VendorID does not match. Type Y to flash anyway.
After flashing Firmware you MUST get the message "Firmware Flash
Successful"
the same with the second flash BIOS you MUST get the successfull
message too and "Finished Processing Commands Successfully".
You have done your card is now in IT-Mode and reflashed to LSI.

When sasflash breaks and you cant flash the card because it is
branded to HP - you have to erase the card first.
Reboot than 'sasflash -o -e X' X=Parameter
I always use Parameter=6 when I want to reflash to a LSI card.
Do NOT reboot after erase - run the batch file and than set the
SAS Address with 'sasflash -o -sasadd 500x' (x= numbers for SAS address)
You have done.

Check the driver - see Eric Sproul's recommendation yesterday.
If OmniOS use the driver mpt I would check it out
Parameter=7 to change to mpt_sas.

Good luck. :)

am Mittwoch, 27. August 2014 um 00:23 hat <Fábio Rabelo> u.a.
in mid:CAEekY64ws9mY61aB3otSXduDtrYC3DYjfJ17Zg1SaLxicqrFOw at mail.gmail.com geschrieben:

--
Mit freundlichem Gruss
Alexander