[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS 151014: questions about locale settings and vi editing command's issues.

Davide Poletto davide.poletto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:07:07 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

On Apr 16, 2015 7:45 PM, "Tim Rice" <tim at multitalents.net> wrote:

> Davide,
>
> The way this is written leads me to think you are pressing ESC and a at
the same time.

Yes, exactly as I do once in vi to enter into its INSERT mode on every
Linux I've put my hands on.

> Yes, in command mode, dd should delete the line at the cursor.

Yeah, I know that dd when vi editor is into its COMMAND mode deletes the
line at which the cursor is...no news here.

Are you meaning that I should use use keys combinations in a different ways
(e.g. the "ESC" with "a" combination in the way you explained above) I'm
used in Linux for years to let vi editor in OmniOS behaving the same way it
behaves in Linux?

Thanks, Davide.