[OmniOS-discuss] The Future of OmniOS

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Apr 25 16:37:34 UTC 2017

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017, Linda Kateley wrote:

> And one short comment.. I have have been watching following you guys for
> awhile now, and I never knew your hope or wish was for the community to pick
> up omnios. This surprises me. I am sure they would have if they had known.

This was a surprise to me as well since I have not seen any text on
the OmniOS web site suggesting a desire that OmniOS be a community
project and OmniOS development did not behave as a community project
other than its very positive and helpful interfacing with Illumos at
large, and encouraging others to build OmniOS from source code.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn