[OmniOS-discuss] Just enough X?

Dan McDonald danmcd at kebe.com
Sat Nov 4 19:35:45 UTC 2017

I apologize in advance for asking the community this in lieu of figuring it out myself.

I wish to run "Just enough X" on OmniOS to run twm and xterm.  Basically, I'd like console windows for all of my zones readily available.  I used to do this when I ran OI on my home server, and occasionally I miss that functionality.  Please PLEASE do not turn this into a thread about window managers and, "WTF do you want to use twm, Dan?"  Any reasonable window manager can be swapped in for TWM, but I know TWM is simple and lightweight.

I'm thinking it's either pkgsrc, or an alternate IPS publisher exists.  Either works, but I'd like to hear from folks who've actually done it, if any exist.

Thanks,