[OmniOS-discuss] PERL booleans?

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Tue Nov 7 15:26:36 UTC 2017

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017, Dan McDonald wrote:

; I upgraded my HDC to OmniOSce r151024, and did some nightly builds.  After re-rewhacking PERL_VERS, I managed to get a MOSTLY clean build save for:
;
; > ==== Build warnings (non-DEBUG) ====
; >
; > WARNING: The token "BOOL" is deprecated; use "BOOLEAN" instead
;
; The file $SRC/cmd/hal/hald/hald_marshal.list uses "BOOL" and under an updated glib (which is in the new OmniOS) should be "BOOLEAN".

Note that BOOL was deprecated a long, long time ago in glib. I haven't been
able to find an exact reference but it's showing up as deprecated in the
documentation from 15 years ago.

Glib recently rewrote the marshal generator in python and now it emits
these deprecation warnings, hence the change in output.

Andy

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123